Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My birthday is 06-20-1927. I began collecting my S.S. @ age

Customer Question

My birthday is ***** I began collecting my S.S. @ age 62. My spouse was deceased in 2003 & I then changed to collecting his SS. I understand there will be a BIG change on May 1, 2013. Will I be able to be grandfathered in the system so I don't lose any of my SS. Is there anything I can do to protect my SS or perhaps enhance it prior to May 1st? Thank you DORIS *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hi, you will be happy to know that these changes will not effect you at all. Moreover, they don't take away benefits from anyone currently collecting on them - it only effects others. You will NOT lose your SS, any of it, based on the situation you describe above.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!