Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My birthday is 06-20-1927. I began collecting my S.S. @ age

Customer Question

My birthday is ***** I began collecting my S.S. @ age 62. My spouse was deceased in 2003 & I then changed to collecting his SS. I understand there will be a BIG change on May 1, 2013. Will I be able to be grandfathered in the system so I don't lose any of my SS. Is there anything I can do to protect my SS or perhaps enhance it prior to May 1st? Thank you DORIS *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hi, you will be happy to know that these changes will not effect you at all. Moreover, they don't take away benefits from anyone currently collecting on them - it only effects others. You will NOT lose your SS, any of it, based on the situation you describe above.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!