How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13391
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My birthday is 06-20-1927. I began collecting my S.S. @ age

Customer Question

My birthday is ***** I began collecting my S.S. @ age 62. My spouse was deceased in 2003 & I then changed to collecting his SS. I understand there will be a BIG change on May 1, 2013. Will I be able to be grandfathered in the system so I don't lose any of my SS. Is there anything I can do to protect my SS or perhaps enhance it prior to May 1st? Thank you DORIS *****
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hi, you will be happy to know that these changes will not effect you at all. Moreover, they don't take away benefits from anyone currently collecting on them - it only effects others. You will NOT lose your SS, any of it, based on the situation you describe above.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!