Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I was on SSDI and now they say I am on regular social

Customer Question

I was on SSDI and now they say I am on regular social security. Iam 55 yrs old, sold my condo last year and bought a mobil home that I am now living in I put the extra money in CD's to use as they mature to fix up my home. My question is I took a 40,000. loss on my condo but want to know do I need to file taxes? So far I haven't had to due to my low income. ~Shelly~
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question - if you are selling your private home, and not an investment property - you do not have to file a tax return. You do not have to pay tax on the sale of your home.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.