dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

How much do I get in SOcial Security?

Customer Question

How much do I get in SOcial Security?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you receiving social security benefits yet?

2. What is your age?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
61
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Charles,

3. Are you receiving a survivor benefit or a disability benefit?

4. When you ask how much are you getting, what do you mean? As you get a payment each month you must know what amount that benefit payment is---so what information are you seeking?

3. Are you asking for your annual Benefit Statement, or maybe the SSA-1099 that you need to do your taxes?

It simply isn't clear what you are asking me to provide to you. If you get a social security payment every month, obviously you MUST know how much you are getting---so I must believe that you are trying to ask something different.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug