dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Social Security owes the American Public money. How do I get

Customer Question

Social Security owes the American Public money. How do I get what is owed to me?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: Thank you for your help!
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Retirement Accountant now?
Customer: Yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. The courts have long ruled that individuals' do not have any ownership interest in Social Security, so any future payments made out of Social Security are at the discretion of a future Congress, which may lower or reduce benefits as it sees fit. Social Security taken out of wages are "taxes" not "contributions" to a retirement plan.

Are you asking how you would qualify to start receiving benefits?