LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My name is ****** ******. I havent recd. my 1099 form. I

Customer Question

My name is ****** ******. I havent recd. my 1099 form. I spoke with an agent who instructed me to send a letter explaining my problem.
JA: Hi ****** ******. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to change my address but can't access my account online. I was a victim of identity theft so everything is locked. I had to relocate because of a fire in my previous address, I haven't been getting my mail recently. The post office I guess is no longer forwarding my mail. I have been contacting all that need to contact me by mail to change my address. I did send a letter a couple weeks ago but no reply yet.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Retirement Accountant now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening Carolyn,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I presume that you referring to the Form SSA-1099, which is necessary to do your taxes. If so, and you have not received it yet, it may have been lost in the mail.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents"tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug