Good evening Richard,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today/tonight. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle social security issues.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for an extremely nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you married, divorced, widower or single-never married?
2. When did you first apply for social security retirement?
3. What makes you think that your benefits are not already maximized?
4. How many years did you work and pay into social security?
5. Are you receiving a pension form another country, or from a job you worked in which you did not pay onto social security whole at that job?
Thanks in advance,