dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

After working over 40 years, the degenerative disc disease

Customer Question

After working over 40 years, the degenerative disc disease in my back combined with osteoarthritis effecting my joints, cost me my ability to work. Having made at least half of our household income, I applied for disability supplemental income. I was shocked to be denied. The response to the appeal was denied due to my "telling someone on the phone" I did not want financial help. To have lost everything at age 56, I did not fight anymore.
There are many verifying doctors,documented conservative efforts, a hip replacement in 2015, a disc fusion in 2002.
If someone has an answer about the denials I'd love to know.
Thank you,
Nancy ******
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Nancy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you never followed up after the appeal denial?

2. When did you receive that denial?

Thanks in advance,

Doug