Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Do I have to apply disability in the county I live in or can

Customer Question

do I have to apply for SSI disability in the county I live in or can it be any county in the state.
2. I am a service connected disabled veteran rated at 270pct disabled. How difficult will it be for me to get disability. I am 60 now
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, OK, SSI disability is federally based, not county or state, so you can go to any SSA office and apply.

How difficult your case will be will not depend on your VA rating, which is unrelated and not binding on the SSA, but on whether your medical records and other developed evidence you can build and provide demonstrates that you can not perform any occupation full time.

I would urge you to retain an dedicated SSD/SSI attorney - since most of us do not charge retainer, it is a no brainer. If you would like to discuss the particulars of your medical impairments and options for filing, and even the possibility of attorney representation to get this claim moving, I will ask that an "additional services" button be offered you so that you can contact me directly for a private and confidential phone conversation.

I would add that you only mentioned SSI, but you may also have eligibility for SSDIB, if you were a recent worker, which can be far more favorable.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldy ou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!