dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I retired from LAUSD in 1989. Being a teacher I contributed

Customer Question

Dear Sir: I retired from LAUSD in 1989. Being a teacher I contributed to California State Teachers Retirement System. I also worked during summers when school was out and had two years of active duty in the US Army. When I received my first Social Security payment it was less than I had expected but decided they knew more than me and didn't question it. My teacher friends all get more than I do and I decided to double check my benefit. Can you give me advice?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal additional charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it you need to know?

Thanks in advance,

Doug