Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

1. My wife will turn 65 in April. We either did not receive

Customer Question

1. My wife will turn 65 in April. We either did not receive our medicare card or we have lost it. How do we get a card under those circumstances?
2. We want an appointment for the Madison Wisconsin office to sign up. How do we make an appointment? I am on hold with the 800-(###) ###-####phone number but this may not be the way to make an appointment
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hi, with regard to your post:

1. My wife will turn 65 in April. We either did not receive our medicare card or we have lost it. How do we get a card under those circumstances? ----------- She can go to ssa.gov/myaccount - create a passworded account and order a replacement. If it wont' take her info, she will want to go to her local SSA office to ask for replacement.

2. We want an appointment for the Madison Wisconsin office to sign up. How do we make an appointment? I am on hold with the 800-(###) ###-####phone number but this may not be the way to make an appointment ------ You can call your local office if it has a public number, but that is very hard to get through usually to. Often we just go in personally to the local office and apply in person.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!