How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 14435
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to fill out a Resume. Does Social Security have a

Customer Question

I need to fill out a Resume. Does Social Security have a list for where I worked and the dates?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

You can request a copy of your W2s all the way back to 1978. SSA will charge you a fee though for this research because it has nothing to do with SS benefits. There is a fee of $37 for each year if you need them for an unrelated reason.

Your work record just shows the years you worked and the income amount not information about your employers.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!