LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I called and did not get an answer; because no one answered

Customer Question

I called and did not get an answer; because no one answered the call. Then I went into a surgery. Can anyone help me? Please I'm trying to get a copy of my check I received from disability social security for proof of payment for my insure. It is done by a direct deposit to my account and my bank told me to call social security to gat a copy. Can anyone send me an e-mail with proof of payment? I'm concerned that no one will get this message, just like the phone call. Can anyone call me and let me know if this is doable.(###) ###-#### ***** would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Mary,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It is not a check copy that you need to show proof of income---though I guess a few businesses might accept that----but rather what you use officially throughout the US to show your social security income is your annual Award letter. Let me explain.

If you have misplaced your Benefit Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter---or you haven’t received yours yet, you may get one in several different ways:

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents".

Alternatively, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-**** and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug