Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My husband died in 2014 s x-wife was receiving some of s

Customer Question

my husband died in 2014 his x-wife was receiving some of his social security. she has now died. where does the monies she received go now.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

They don't go anywhere. They simply stay in the fund to be used with all the other money in there to pay current claims of currently eligible people with insured status or beneficiary eligibility based on someone else's work record. Her collecting of a surviving divorced spouse on his work record did not reduce in any way, the benefits payable to any of his dependents, if there were any collecting a benefit based on his work efforts/history.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!