LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I WILL BE TURNING 65 ON MARCH 22, 2016. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT

Customer Question

I WILL BE TURNING 65 ON MARCH 22, 2016. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO ENROLL, BUT NOT RETIRE. I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD REGISTER BEFORE I TURN 65. I DO NOT PLAN ON RETIRING FOR ANOTHER YEAR.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Melodye,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you don't want to apply for your retirement benefit yet, but as you are eligible to apply for Medicare now, you will want to file an application for ONLY your Medicare benefit now and wait a year to apply for your retirement benefit. This is easy to do online. Let me explain.

You will want to use this site and click on the link labeled "Apply for Medicare Only": https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/apply.html

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug