Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I'm living abroad in Germany and I require a new benefit

Customer Question

I'm living abroad in Germany and I require a new benefit amount statement for my husband. I received mone and I know there will not be change for 2016, however, the German health insurance needs it anyway.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question. You can go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount to sign up and print out benefit letters.

https://www.ssa.gov/foreign/

This will link you everywhere you need to go to get the information you need when you live abroad.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is a bit tricky. I am requesting this information for my husband who is suffering from a stroke and cannot go online.
However, I can only create an account for myself with Social Security. All I really need is access to the form that states his benefit amount for his health insurance.
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

You would need to have a POA form, and send it in to the Baltimore office (the information is on that site mentioned) in order to get any information on his behalf. I am so sorry, but there's no other way -- social security takes privacy very important.