SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

I used social security number in my name but the number is

Customer Question

i used social security number in my name but the number is ***** mine more than 10 years and i got the new number,can i put this in my new number?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cont:can i put my old earning record i n new social security number
Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 9 months ago.

You will need to contact the social security office directly about this matter. While there is the possibility that they will transfer your earnings, there is a greater possibility that since you were using a social security number that did not belong to you, they may not transfer the earnings. You may also find yourself in hot water for fraudulently using a social security number that did not belong to you. My suggestion is this. Let sleeping dogs lie, unless you want to open up a can of worms for yourself.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

You can refer to the document at the following link for more information regarding transferring earning information.

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0103870048