Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Here ,I am going to start drawing to start my benefits in

Customer Question

here ,I am going to start drawing to start my benefits in May ( 65 on May 27) my last day is March 31 2016 would it be better to say my last day is April first and are there any situations that SS may not tell me about Medicare
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have heard I should not go to the Doctor for at least 2 months after I start Medicare I have a supplement plan that starts May first as well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Social Security Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

Hi, I can help here!

...

Here's the way this works (as you can it all depends on what month you sign up ... as it relates to when you TURN 65)

...

If you sign up in this month:.............Your coverage starts:

The month you turn 65.....................1 month after you sign up

1 month after you turn 65.................2 months after you sign up

2 months after you turn 65................3 months after you sign up

3 months after you turn 65................3 months after you sign up

During the 1/1 - 3/1 Enrollment .........July 1

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

You can find these rules at the bottom of this page, at Medicare.gov: https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/get-parts-a-and-b/when-coverage-starts/when-coverage-starts.html

...

I sincerely ***** ***** has helped!

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using that rating request or the stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

.