Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I need to change my husbands direct bank deposit to s new

Customer Question

I need to change my husbands direct bank deposit to his new bank. He is an alzheimers patient and cannot do this himself. he also has a change of address to register.
his name is***** Jr, dob 10-15-37, ssn###-##-####
HIS FORMER ADDRESS WAS***** Belford nj 07718
CURRENT ADDRESS IS***** c/o LOWENSTEIN, ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS NJ 07716.
MY NAME IS***** (WIFE) EMAIL***@******.***
MY PHONE IS(###) ###-####
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP
2aol.com
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You should be able change the direct deposit and the address online with your husband's information if you are his spouse (you would sign up for a "my social security account" online or log into the account if he already has one). If you do not feel comfortable doing this without the appropriate legal authority, then you will need to get guardianship of your husband or invoke a power of attorney (POA) (that is if your husband drafted one before his incapacity). At that point you as the guardian or POA can set this up in his name or simply call social security and provide the documentation. We cannot set this up for you through this site as this site is informational only and you will have to do this through Social Security.

You can create a my Social Security account for your husband and change his Direct Deposit online.

Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). You can also call your local Social Security branch.

See link: https://www.socialsecurity.gov/deposit/

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?