Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My son's ssi was stopped with out notice. He does have some

Customer Question

My son's ssi was stopped with out notice. He does have some issues to work out with them but there was no notice that I am aware of that they were stopping it. He does not get a full benefit and that needs to be corrected. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Can you tell me how much he is getting and what the purported reason is for getting less than $733/mo?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He is 32 and has had a couple jail/prison stays and had to reapply to get his benefits restarted. He has been disabled since birth with Spina Bifida and learning disabilities and in the reapplication process they sent him to a Chiropractor to determine his level of disability and the doctor wrote up a report saying he can work . Unfortunately all the reports from various agencies involved in the prison system said that he had the capability work. That being said they didn't take in to account of his mental issues and learning disabilities and physical challenges. He isn't all there. He is bipolar and has organic brain dysfunction, a very low IQ and is easily led down the wrong road. He seems normal as your talking to him but lifes issues seem to be beyond his level of problem solving. He has pressure sores and a really bad one on his right foot and one on his buttocks that constantly drains. He can't get at home nursing care because he has to leave the house to attend court ordered classes once a week. It just goes on and on. Since he lives with us they now have determined that he doesn't need a full benefit because we possibly contribute to his daily living needs. Well he still has to pay rent and survive on what little he has left after purchasing his diapers and the food items he does purchase. My husband his step father has no sympathy for him and I am constantly trying to keep the peace. my son can cook in the microwave and such but we have to show that he is taking care of his self. We have a lease and he does pay rent. Thanks for listening. I am just feeling desperate for him because I have had breast cancer treatment and a high rate of the type I have returning within 5 years. I want to see him finally settled somewhere on his own, but I don't see it happening without a larger payment. Thanks for listening anyway . this I hope is a private chat.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He is partially paralyzed and doesnt have control of his bladder or bowel.

So are you saying he was then DENIED disability, and you did get a letter to that effect? After the chiro report etc?

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Urgent!

Hello again. It is period end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional