LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Draw social security from my first husbands account. Now I

Customer Question

draw social security from my first husbands account. Now I am 92 years old and wonder if I can draw from my second husbands account. We were married for 20 years before a divorce. There are no survivors who draw on his social security account
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Georgia,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you were married to your second husband for more than 10 years, or married to him at the time of his death, then yes, you may apply for a survivor benefit based on your ex-husband's death and if that benefit pays more than the benefit you are presently receiving, you will be able to collect the greater survivor benefit from here on.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug