dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am receiving SS. My three children are receiving Life

Customer Question

I am receiving SS. My three children are receiving Life benefit of about $2439 ($813 each) a based on my SS. *The amount of money allocated to the children is based on a total of $2,439. I is currently divided by 3 - $813 ea
They will receive benefits until they are 18.
When Child one turns 18 years old (August 2016), her $800 will stop but be divided between the other 2 children.
So Child 2 and Child 3 will change from $813 each to $1,219 each.
When Child 2 turns 18 (January 2018) the whole $2,439 will be allocated to Child 3.
The total $2,439 will stop when Child 3 turns 18 years old (May 2019).
Is this a correct assessment?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Ken,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. The numbers you are using don't look quite right to me. What is the full retirement benefit that you are going to be, or were entitled to when you reach(ed) full retirement age?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

Doug