Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

In applying I was unable to obtain a letter of verification

Customer Question

In applying for Medicare I was unable to obtain a letter of verification from Social Security. They claim that the information that they have does not match the information that I have provided. Do you have any suggestions about how to approach this? It is scary and urgent as it ties up my health care, however, I am a walking vault. I am so locked down that Google is monitoring my peripherals, this limiting the possibilities. I am in the process of obtaining a loan. One loan guy asked me to go into the site and change the start date. I had never even been on the site and was pushing buttons and doing this and that. I am a bit worried. Any advice? I am ready to go the physical office tomorrow morning. Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

You can get a benefit verification letter by going to www.ssa.gov/myaccount. You should be able to print it right out. If you are nervous to do this, then you can go to your local office and they will print it off.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.