Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

What would my survivor benefits be from my first husband,

Customer Question

what would my survivor benefits be from my first husband, Ralph ******, soc sec #***-**-****? My full name is Tedde ******, and my soc sec # ***-**-****.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please no e-mail - phone only - urgent!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no cell phone! - online now and waiting - mrMr. Carignan just walked in and he can't know I'm asking this question.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

It will depend on your deceased spouse's income from your deceased husbando income throughout his life. Social Security counts 35 years of income as an average and normally requires 10 years of working to be eligible. You can receive benefits at age 60 (with a reduction , receiving 70% to 99% of your deceased husbands benefits), 100% at full retirement age for survivors, at age 50 if you had a disability 7 years before his death and currently have a disability and any age if you are caring for his child under the age of 16. You can also get a one time benefit of $255 from SS. You need to give SS a call ( you cannot apply online for a widow's benefits) to ascertain your exact benefit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need the $ and cents answers. I thought this was the soc sec administration. I don't need a lawyer. I need a straight answer.

This is not the social security administration, I am an attorney. This is is justanswer.com and we can give you general information for your problems. It is what we do.