Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am on disability health insurance and am 65. As i

Customer Question

i am on disability health insurance and am 65. As i understand it that at full retirement which for me is 66 in november they automatically change me to medicare. I want to work as long as i can and as much as i can health providing. If i keep working after full retirement age will it help my social security check to go up in value and do they still have the monthly wage limit of, i believe now it is around 1200 a month? Also i was wondering because someone might offer me a full time job, if i take a full tome job do they just deduct a little from your social security payment and then increase it later and is there any chance of messing up my healthcare insurance?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today.

At full retirement age, you can work an unlimited amount and not have to worry about losing benefits. At age 65 -- you would not have to worry about losing your medicare.

So at 65 years old, you have no need to worry about losing your medicare.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.