LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Mother of A Whisler 317-72-7533-A. He is hearing impaired

Customer Question

I am Kay Whisler, mother of David A Whisler ###-##-####A. He is hearing impaired and I am his representative. He needs Form SSA-1099 stating what he will be getting in 2016 for his hearing impaired ability. This is need of Medicaid application. He had the 2015 report but must supply the 2016. Thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Kay,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you have misplaced your Benefit Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter---or you haven’t received yours yet, you may get one in several different ways:

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents".

Alternatively, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-****and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

If you need the SSA-1099---which is actually a tax document from 2015, then you need to wait until Monday to see if it arrives in the mail---because social security does not sent them out until the latter part of January and they don't always arrive in January.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:

1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/social-security/936lm-copy-2013-1099-form.html#ixzz3Zr0zeqHv

If you need this information immediately, and cannot wait a week to receive it,the only way that you can get it more quickly is to go to your local social security office and they can print out a copy of the benefits paid to you last year.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug