dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Do you know anything about (Section 831)The Bipartisan

Customer Question

Do you know anything about (Section 831)The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2105-2016 which will ban social security benefits to seniors by May 1, 2016
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I do. I it does not ban benefits to seniors - what it does is eliminate certain strategies of when to take benefits on the record of someone else, such as spousal, dependents, etc. Did you have a question about it I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if we have to do anything by May 1 2016 that will ban certain benefits from our social security benefits and what is the law congress passed last year then section 831 to ban certain ones and a form we have to fill out before the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to what I have read, it says seniors stand to lose alot after may 1/ with a piece of legislation labeled H>R> 1314, a radical reform that threatens our financial security

Be with you shortly. A quick urgent matter here in the office.

Some will lose big time.

There are some questions I can ask of you that can determine if this effects you.

First, how old are you?