LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I thought I had lost my social security card so I went on

Customer Question

I thought I had lost my social security card so I went on line and filed for a new one. After filling out the form and committing to mailing my birth ceritficate and drivers license and paying on line with my VISA card, I found my card. How to I stop the request? It was about 30 minutes ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Judy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I empathize with your situation, but quite simply, as the transaction has already been completed electronically, there is no way to undo the transaction and get a refund. You will just have a spare original social security card in case you ever really do lose the first one you have.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks anyway
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug