Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I applied Part "" on January 2nd, 2016 and have not yet

Customer Question

I applied for Medicare Part "B" on January 2nd, 2016 and have not yet received my card. When I spoke to my local office yesterday, they told me they have no record of it. I am now being penalized by my former employer to pay penalty fees. Can you help me?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Once you get your card in, your employer should waive the fees. Call 1-***-***-**** and see if the national office has record of your application. If not, see what you need to do to apply. Social security and Medicare is not an expedited process as I am sure you are aware. Make sure you document all your calls.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.