Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I want to discontinue Federal Tax witholding

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purpose only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You can fill out this form for social security but this is only good for certain income with form W-4V: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

You can also claim "exempt" status on your W-4 form to stop your federal income tax deduction. According to Form W-4 , you can claim exemption from withholding under the following circumstances: last year you were entitled to a refund of all your federal income tax withheld because you had no tax liability and this year you anticipate a full refund because you expect no tax liability. If you qualify for exempt status, complete Line 7 of the W-4 and submit to your employer.

Please let me know if you have nay further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.