dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

What do you do when there are no Attorneys in State handling

Customer Question

What do you do when there are no Attorneys in Washington State handling Questions with regard collecting Social Security (SSA)?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Social Security is a federal program so any lawyer can handle that matter. No need to be a Washington State lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Jennifer said it would be an administrative appeal and if we need an attorney that is what we ask for, is that correct.

Since Washington has its own disability program, the State of Washington Disability Determination Services determines eligibility for Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income, so if you are applying through that department you would want to get a Washington State attorney as the state may have specific rules and procedures unique to it.

States that do not offer a disability program apply directly to the SSA through one of its offices.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any other questions.

Thanks, Jonathan