LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I receive A disability retirement from Mendocino county. and

Customer Question

I receive A disability retirement from Mendocino county. and I receive social security disability. will SSD deduct my county retirement from SSD benefits.
Yes the county paid into Social Security
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

When you are receiving SSDI benefits, social security does not decrease your benefit based on your receiving a disability payment from a third party such as an employer or a private disability policy.

The WEP which effects retirement, spouse and survivor benefits does not impact on SSDI benefits. And if you paid social security taxes while you worked for the county, then the WEP and your county pension, if you have one, should not effect your social security retirement benefit either when you retire.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug