LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I turned 70 on December 17. What do I have to do to begin

Customer Question

I turned 70 on December 17. What do I have to do to begin receiving benefits?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Congratulations on maximizing your social security benefit. To collect your retirement benefit, you only need to apply for the benefit now. Because your benefit has not increased in value since your 70th birthday, you will also want to ask for a retroactive retirement benefit dating back to December so you will not have lost the benefits you would have been paid had you applied earlier.

You can apply online for your Social Security Retirement Benefit at this site: http://www.ssa.gov/retirement/about.htm

Additionally, you may apply for your benefit at your local social security office or over the phone by calling 1-***-***-****.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug