How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 6778
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have United healthcare group medicare

Customer Question

My husband and I have United healthcare group medicare Advantage (PPO) thru my former employee Verizon. Why are we still paying for medicare health Ins.? We can't use it due to our current insurance I can be reached on***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

Your Medicare Advantage PPO Plan requires that you maintain your Medicare Part A coverage 80%; the Medicare Advantage Plan covers the rest of Part A (20%), Part B & may cover prescriptions which otherwise would be covered under a separate Part D Drug Plan.

If you have a question about your specific plan, you can confirm the above by calling your plan or looking over the Plan Summary included in that "telephone size" Medicare information booklet you receive every year. That should say that you must continue your Medicare Part A coverage. Everyone gets that when you enroll in Medicare & you couldn't enroll in the Medicare Advantage Plan you have without that coverage.

.