Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am my father's POA and have received a letter from SS

Customer Question

I am my father's POA and have received a letter from SS saying his Jan 8th payment was returned because of an incorrect address. His payment was direct deposited into his savings--he has not moved except for the last 2 months he has been in assisted living due to an illness and we had forwarded his mail to that location for this period. How can I get the back payment and make sure all future payments get deposited.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

You will likely want to get an SSA-1696 filled out and signed by your dad, making you the Appointed Representative when it comes to SSA matters. Depending on your dad's condition, perhaps he also needs a Representative Payee. That means the money comes to an account you set up, but held for him/his bills, which you then pay. Once you are AR, you should be able to communicate with the SSA about his proper address, etc., and facilitate that payment. If you need 1696, let me know.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Urgent!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional