ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

Due to my spouse losing s job we had to sell our home & move

Customer Question

due to my spouse losing his job we had to sell our home & move to TX. At the time we had no income so I started drawing my SS at 64. However, I found a job in 2016 at a salary of $60k - SURPRISE! Is there a way for the IRS to "forgive" the taxes owed from the SS income?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My estimated IRS taxes are $19K because I have no deductions and have the SS $1,600/mo income.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Social Security Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about losing the job. You won't like my response but the answer is no. To make it worse they will cause you to suffer ongoing (as well as your wife if you pass away). I'll offer you a call - no time limit to explain all and make it focused on you specifically. I'm so sorry.