Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How do you get a social security replacement when you can't

Customer Question

How do you get a social security replacement when you can't remember your ss number?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Easiest thing to do would be for him to go to his local Social Security Administration office and request a replacement card (he needs to tell them he doesn't know his number and they'll look it up for him).

Alternatively, you could hire a private investigator and they would be able to get you the number quickly and easily. The private investigator will charge you, though, while the SSA request will be free (but it'll take a couple of weeks).

Here's a link to the Social Security Administration, you'll type your zip code and it'll give you the office closest to you.
https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.