Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Are you aware of a six word question that Money Map Report

Customer Question

Are you aware of a six word question that Money Map Report says I can ask SSA that will increase my social security monthly check?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, this "6 words" idea is a scam - there are no 6 words that will be you an increase, per se. They are twisting a new law that has to do with file and suspend strategies and restricted spousal applications, into a way to get people to pay for their "secret." If you would like me to review with you IF you fall within the confines of the new law and taking action would be helpful for you, let me know.

And if so, please tell me how old you are and if you are collecting SS on your own work record.

Hi Dolores, OK this is not going to effect you, UNLESS you have a spousal benefit available to you from a current or ex spouse that would provide you a bigger benefit than you are getting now. The law has NOT stopped people from picking an eligible spousal benefit if it is bigger than their own. You can find out what any spousal would be for you, and if it is worth it, at your local SSA office unless you happen to know the primary insurance amounts of any prior spouses. Now, if you have a deceased spouse, that died when you were married to him, you can see also if you can get a better survivor benefit. Or, if you divorced a spouse and then he passed, and you'd been married at least 10 years, you can also get a survivor benefit. In both instances, you must be single or only remarried after age 60. But survivor can be good because it is 100% of the deceased spouse's benefit, which provides greater chance that it will be an increase over your own.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Urgent!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional