Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Thank you response. First ,I'd like to know where to

Customer Question

Thank you for your response.First ,I'd like to know where to file Request for Reconsideration.
Second,if Appeals Council was the wrong place to file it
what would happen?
Third ,is it OK for me to apply for Retirement Benefit again?
I have been working since my first application.
Some of my W-2 Forms are not reflected on my Social Security Statement.Would you please tell me?Yes ,I have the letter which disapproved my application.Thank you,Yasutaka Suzuki
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your Request for Reconsideration can be turned in at any social security office, and once they process the application, they will contact you with the results of their investigation or for more information. The Appeals Counsel should still get it where it needs to be. Keep records that you have filed for the reconsideration.

Do not apply again -- it will delay processing everything.

If your W-2 forms are not reflected on your statement, take them to the office and show them. You typically only have up to 3 years to get this rectified.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.