LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am very worried, I am a 64 yr. old widow who receives

Customer Question

I am very worried, I am a 64 yr. old widow who receives widows benefits thru Social Security every month. How can I tell now if I will be one of the recipients whose SS benefits will be lowered or taken away completely when the new law goes into effect in May 2016?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Debi,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle social security issues.

I assure you that you have no need to worry. The benefit loopholes that are being done way with on May 1st have nothing to do with social security survivor benefits (widow benefits). Your benefit is perfectly safe and will not be lowered at all based on any of the changes to the law enacted recently.

Your benefit will continue to be paid to you as it always has, without anything being taken from you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug