Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am inquiring about a SS fund that will be terminating in

Customer Question

I am inquiring about a SS fund that will be terminating in April 2016 it is a fund that has money for people on SS.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there have been scam articles and emails going around. The SS fund is not terminating. Rather, other things are happening. 1) Anyone that wants to suspend his own benefits after 4/30, will also be suspending his dependent's benefits paid on his own record. That didn't used to occur. 2) Anyway under 62 by the end of 2016, will not have the option of filing a "restricted" application for ONLY spousal benefits, once they are of full retirement age. Basically, an application for either one's own or a spousal will be deemed to also be an application for the other, if eligible for the other, and the highest amount will be paid.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!