LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am a 83 year old widower with a federal retirement. How is

Customer Question

I am a 83 year old widower with a federal retirement. How is this going to affect me? Why is the government keeping this such a secret?
R ******, Bend, Oregon
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Richard,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Could you please expand on what your question is? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if the planned ban on some SS benefits will affect my personal SS income
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Thanks for the clarification, Richard.

Based on your age and the fact that you are presently not married, the changes made to the social security law in recent months will have absolutely no impact on your continuing social security entitlement. Nothing will change and you will continue to receive your benefit as you have been for years.

The new law changes really only effect people who are close to age 66 and are also married, and to people born after January 2, 1954---neither of which situation you are in.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug