How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 36701
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My social security check did not get posted to my banking

Customer Question

My social security check did not get posted to my banking account today. The Credit Union of Texas advised me that they received the data but there was some sort of erro in the data and they are hand processing the deposit today. The same thing happened to my wife's deposit.
I have letters from the Credit Union that reiterates the proper information for the electronic deposits. Whome do I fax those letters to??
Carlo H. Thelin
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Carlo,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If there is an error in the data, but they are hand processing the deposit, that suggests that the deposit was in deed posted by social security to the bank, but somehow the banks software didn't automatically post it to your account. Quite frankly, this sounds like as much a bank problem as a social security problem. Had it not arrived at the bank at all, then I would suspect the problem was with social security. After all, the only information social security needs to make the deposit is your bank's routing number and your account number. It really isn't complicated.

However, if you bank claims that it is a coding problem originating at social security, then you should notify social security of the problem by either calling 1-***-***-****, or by taking a copy of the letters to your local social security office and explaining the issue to them and giving them the letters so they can pass it on to the payment division to ensure that the deposit coding corresponds to what your bank and account number require for the deposit to post automatically.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,