Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I applied benefits 2 years ago right before I turned 60. I

Customer Question

I applied for survivor benefits 2 years ago right before I turned 60. I was common law married and SSA said I wasn't. The argument and appeals went on for over a year. My last chance was to go to an administrative law judge/hearing. I didn't want to risk any more chances of incompetence and ineptitude so I asked for a reconsideration whereby I could seek a legal remedy in the Superior Courts. They said OK. It took another year but I won my claim and was legally declared common law married in the state of Georgia by the judge. SSA granted me the claim. Don't they also owe me for the 2 years they made the wrong decision. They granted me my wife's survivor benefits but made no mention of the money I should be owed for the last 2 years. I should be due this money. Right?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You can't believe all the bullshit excuses I got from SSA. I also got my 2 Senators(federal not state) and Congressmen to put pressure on them. They all agreed that SSA was being ridiculous. It cost me over $2000 in attorney fees to get the judge's order. Their arguments were laughed out of court. I "***** slapped" them with a preponderance of evidence, affidavits and the law.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The amount of money I'm looking for is: the $32,000 I made...minus the $15,740 which equals $16,260 divided by 2 equals $8140. Take my monthly survivor benefits of 1450 times 11(my birthday is ***** Feb) equals $15,950 and subtract $8140 equals $7810.