LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I WAS APPROVED INTHE KEEPYOURHOMECALIFORNIA DOES THAT MEAN

Customer Question

I WAS APPROVED INTHE KEEPYOURHOMECALIFORNIA DOES THAT MEAN MY MORTGAGE HOLDER WILL PAY THE PROPERTY TAXES.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While most lenders will require that you pay into an escrow account for property taxes and insurance each month as part of your mortgage payment, in that case, yes, the lender does pay the taxes for you. However, the lender in a Keep Your Home California loan program does not pay for your property taxes unless you are already paying into an escrow account for those taxes.

In other words, you still are paying for your taxes, but you simply no longer write the check to the county tax authority. That is done by your lender.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug