dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Aloha, I was receiving benefits months out of the year

Customer Question

Aloha,
I was receiving benefits for 4 months out of the year ($1358.30 for Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec 2015). Since I am turning 66 this May I will start receiving 10 months of benefits 2016. My estimated earnings for 2016 is $50,000.
Question -
When I retire will my monthly benefits change?
Mahalo
Fran
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good morning and aloha Fran,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm a bit confused by something that you wrote: Since I am turning 66 this May I will start receiving 10 months of benefits 2016. My estimated earnings for 2016 is $50,000. What were you trying to say, or ask?

2. When do you plan to retire from employment?

3. Are you asking whether the income you earn in 2016 will have an effect on your present amount of social security retirement benefit?

Doug