dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My friend is on disability and visually impaired. According

Customer Question

my friend is on disability and visually impaired. According to the Randolph Shepherd Act he is allowed to make a certain income. For some reason the SS people don't understand the Randolph Shepherd Act sent him a letter stating he owes SS over $36,000 and will lose his disability check. Is there anyone at SS trained in the Randolph Shepherd Act?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

I know the RS Act, generally, and just pulled it up. Please clarify which part of that act leads you to believe that it exempts a blind beneficiary on SSD from the SGA limits of earnings while collecting disability? Thanks! I will be happy to analyze it for you.

Feel free to cut and paste the section, or refer to its specific citation directly and I may be able to cut and paste that section for you.