Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My latest benefit letter states that Social Security will no

Customer Question

My latest benefit letter states that Social Security will no longer deduct money for my Medicare Prescription drug plan. I have signed up for a plan which stated that $46.60 would be deducted from my Social Security. I cannot tell which letter is correct. If Social Security will no longer deduct money for my Medicare Prescription drug plan, I would like to know why and if I am still covered?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today.

If you signed up for the plan, and authorized them to withhold payments -- then you should have funds withheld. Watch your benefits and if you do not see that they are being withheld you need to contact the provider you purchased it from -- make sure that your premiums are current.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please rate so that I may be paid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Megan. I called my insurance provider and they somehow are going to send me a bill every month. I requested that my premium be deducted from my Social Security. They will submit a request which may take 3 months to process. In the meantime I will be getting a bill each month. Your advice directed me in the right direction. Thanks again. *****
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, Toni -- please click the stars along the top of the screen, as that will help you rate me.

Thanks!

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks