LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I went on S.S. disability Ins. on Feb.2013 .MY STROKE WAS ON

Customer Question

I went on S.S. disability Ins. on Feb.2013 .MY STROKE WAS ON 06/27/2011. PEOPLE TOLD ME I COULDN*T COLLECF MT REGULER S.S. INSURANCE TILL FEB. 2016 ? is that how it works and how does this all come about? My name is thomas ******* . **** last 4 digits of my S.S. number.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good evening Thomas,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You don't need to be concerned about collecting your social security retirement benefits. If you are collecting SSDI benefits now, then as soon as you reach full retirement age (presently age 66) your SSDI benefits will automatically be converted to your retirement benefit. There is nothing that you need to do. It is all automatic in the social security system. Your monthly benefit will not change much, if at all.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not what i was aearching for
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

What are you needing to know?