Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Thank you! Because the SS laws will take effect May 2016 I

Customer Question

Thank you! Because the SS laws will take effect May 2016 I think there is still a special way to receive an Increase in living,for the next 4 years , may if our income is below poverty do I have to pay $32 for each ? i ask?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Monthly Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits will not automatically increase in 2016 as there was no increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-W) from the third quarter of 2014 to the third quarter of 2015. So no your benefit will not increase as the COLE did not increase in 2016. Really the only changes are the elimination of the "file and suspend" loophole for the spousal benefit that will cease on May 1, 2016.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.