Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I was a nanny of years, now that I am retired am I getting

Customer Question

I was a nanny for couple of years, now that I am retired am I getting the benefit of
that. I know the family paid for me. ??
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

If you reported that income on your tax returns, and paid your share of the SS taxes on that income (either 1/2 by your employer and 1/2 by you, or all by you), then it SHOULD be already used in your calculated SS benefit. However, to be sure, consider downloading your annual SS earnings statement and check the income reported for those years - that will tell you for sure. You can go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount, set up a passworded account and download this document yourself.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!